- 16-Mar-2017 to 15-May-2017 (MST)
- Orem, UT, USA
- Depends on Qualifications and Experience
- Full Time
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, Matching 401(k), Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, Etc.
Buyer will generate and issue purchase orders; interact with manufacturers and vendors; expedite deliveries; maintain accurate delivery information on purchase orders, generate and publish status reports, update weekly shortage reports, and part cost reconciliation reports. Buyer will be responsible for purchasing direct/indirect materials, services, fixed assets, tooling and MRP materials requirements as needed. Buyer will resolve shipping discrepancies, request samples and obtain pricing for low volume purchases from engineering, maintenance and facilities. Buyer will work with receiving and accounting to help resolve invoice discrepancies and purchase orders.
- Responsible for the purchase of materials, supplies and service and repair orders for equipment that directly impacts the operation of the facilities.
- Respond to the weekly MRP by placing purchase orders, and take action for change orders for inventoried parts, services, and/or special tools.
- Investigate and evaluate new supplier resources and make recommendations with emphasis on standardization and cost containment.
- Help keep the business running smoothly by meeting building schedules and timelines
- Manage suppliers with regards to maintaining Open Order Reports, Past Due Reports, Supplier Corrective Action Request, Receiving/Invoice discrepancies (IPV) and cost avoidance issues (PPV)
- Initiates and analyzes quotations with respect to cost, quality, and delivery competitiveness, with consideration to transportation logistics and inventory turns.
- Studies market prices and trends in order to avoid cost increases & take advantage of cost decreases for all assigned part responsibilities.
- Manage the Suppliers performance and work with the Quality Management Team when supplier has quality issues.
- Works closely with Engineering, Quality, Production, Finance and IT to meet and exceed their needs
- Assist in the development and implementation of purchasing policies and systems
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent education and experience.
- 3 years + purchasing and sourcing experience preferably in a manufacturing environment with a strong understanding of drawings and project management
- CPM/CPIM or other Supply Management Certification is desirable
- Working knowledge of automated MRP system is required
- Well organized, self-motivated and resourceful managing complex situations
- Maintain accurate files and records
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient with the core Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power-point, Project, etc.).