- 07-Apr-2017 to 06-Jun-2017 (MST)
- X-Ray R&D
- Orem, UT, USA
- Salary is commensurate with Education and Experience
- Full Time
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, Matching 401(k), Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, Profit Sharing, Etc.
Work in Research and Development (R&D) group focusing on the design of high voltage power supplies with digital control used for driving x-ray tubes. The emphasis is on low power ( up to 50 W and up to 160 kV) small, efficient and air cooled HVPS. Work as a leader of a team of engineers and technicians. Required to do some hands-on work in a manufacturing environment and design for manufacturability.
- Work well in a design team environment
- Project lead in priority projects
- Plan, schedule, coordinate projects
- Lead a team of engineers and technicians
- Design, simulate and develop new HVPS
- Design, Layout and build prototypes
- Design for manufacturability (DFM)
- Work with production and process engineering on new product designs
- Develop and document new production processes
- Empirical testing and complete root cause analysis
- Write Technical Reports
- Devise new approaches to problems encountered
- Research and select electrical components, tools, and equipment
- Mentor junior engineers by overseeing training on tools, helping to make informed decisions and provide an environment for learning and improving technical and communication skills.
Education and Experience:
- PH.D. in Electrical Engineering or related discipline and 5 years of related experience
- Or Masters of Science in Electrical Engineering or equivalent and 10 years of related experience
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Experience in design and manufacture of HVPS
- Strong analytical problem solving skills
- Practical knowledge of electrical components
- Analog/Digital circuit design and troubleshooting
- Basic 3D modeling skills using Solidworks or equivalent
- Technical writing skills