- 20-Apr-2017 to 19-Jun-2017 (MST)
- X-Ray R&D
- Orem, UT, USA
- Depends on Experience and Qualifications
- Full Time
Competitive Base Pay, Medical, Dental, Life, Disability, Matching 401k (100% of 1st 6%), Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, Profit Sharing, Etc.
Work in Research and Development (R&D) group focusing on the design of thin films (membranes) for the application as an x-ray windows. Lead a group of engineers/scientists from the concept to product launch.
- Work well in a design team environment
- Project lead in priority projects
- Plan, schedule, coordinate projects
- Lead a team of engineers and technicians
- Design and develop new products
- Design for manufacturability (DFM)
- Work with production and process engineering on new product designs
- Develop and document new production processes
- Empirical testing and complete root cause analysis
- Write Technical Reports
- Devise new approaches to problems encountered
- Research and select electrical components, tools, and equipment
Mentor junior engineers by overseeing training on tools, helping to make informed decisions and provide an environment for learning and improving technical and communication skills.
Education and Experience:
- PH.D. in Materials Science or related discipline and 5 years of related experience
- Or Masters of Science in materials science or equivalent and 10 years of related experience
Competencies: (To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position)
- PhD with expertise in thin films, process equipment, metrology, manufacturing, customer relations, and business development
- Expertise in deposition of thin film layers: metals, alloys, dielectrics and polymers, on rigid, flexible and patterned substrates,
- Experience with vacuum equipment, plasma etch/processing, lithography, PVD, CVD, ALD and spin-on processes
- Experience using the scientific method to develop optimized unit processes and process integration flows
- Deep understanding of the interaction between equipment physics and film/device performance.
- Strong communication skills used to interface with engineers, technicians, customers, sales, and management
- Experience taking thin film products and equipment from the concept stage to production
- Track record of solving complex process and deposition equipment issues
- Ability to propose ideas for new products
- Experience with x-rays preferred.